C-Cat 3 has been developed to complement the existing ocean going ASV Global vehicles for survey and support tasks where a smaller vehicle is better suited to missions.The design incorporates a large payload bay to enable flexibility of payloads used.
The shallow draft and small size of the vehicle enables deployment in littoral areas and its modular construction facilitates the fitting of a range of scientific above and below water payloads.
C-Cat-3 includes the core functionality proven in all ASV Global vehicles and systems and thus is a reliable and robust platform for path planning, autonomy research and scientific experimentation with payloads.
The three-meter (10 foot) vessel includes the ASView control system which gives the operator the flexibility to execute basic remote control right up to fully autonomous operations.
- Length: 3.02m
- Beam: 1.55m
- Height: 1.4m
- Draft: Min 0.39m, max dependent on payload ~0.7m
- Displacement: Lightship 270kg, fully loaded 340kg
- Primary propulsion: 2 x DC electric motors driving 3 bladed propellers
- Operational speed range: Up to 8 knots
- Payload power: 12V or 24V