It all started when a curious dog encountered the hedgehog, prompting the little guy to curl up into a defensive ball.But when the dog batted the hedgehog into a wet clay, matters complicated all the more.
image/text credit: GeoBeats News
A hedgehog was mistaken for a dog toy. The canine who made the error in judgment rolled the creature around in the mud until it was caked in clay and was nearly unrecognizable.The clay soon hardened, which unfortunately trapped the poor hedgehog.
However, things started looking up for the little guy after Brent Lodge Wildlife Hospital rescued the animal and removed the clay from his body.The little fellow suffered no harm at all, except that he was shaken up and probably a little embarrassed.
All the hospital had to do was to carefully wash the animal and remove all the mud.It is imperative that you take hurt or wounded animals to the vet or to an animal care center and not attempt to care for it yourself. So if you see a wounded animal, do take the time to ensure it gets the right care.