Replica of an A380 from THAI Airways in 1/13 scaleAfter a long construction period, the time had finally come. The first flight for the technical acceptance could take place.Rainer Kamitz was at the sticks and did an impressive flight.
With a span of 6.13m the airliner is 5.60 m feet long and weighs 226 pounds. The fuel capaticy is 12 liters, stored in CMJETS fuel tanks. The retractable landing gears are Electron with homemade struts and trucks.via: RCScaleAirplanes
Christopher uses a Futaba T18MZ transmitter with dual Futaba 7008SB receivers “Powerbox Royal” and KST servos 2 x Aileron, 2 x Elevator, 1 x Rudder, 4 x Landing flaps, 1 x Front gear steering, and 8 to operate all the gear doors.
The Airbus A380 is a wide-body aircraft manufactured by Airbus. It is the world’s largest passenger airliner. Airbus studies started in 1988 and the project was announced in 1990 to challenge the dominance of the Boeing 747 in the long haul market.
- Builder and owner: Christopher Ferkl from Austria
- Scale 1/13
- Span: 6.13m / 20 feet
- Length: 5.60 m / 18.5 feet
- Weight: 102.7 kg / 226 pounds
- Turbine: 4 x JetsMunt 166 … http://www.jets-munt.com/wp/m166xbl/
- Fuel capaticy: 12 liters / 2.2 gallons (UK)
- Fuel tanks from CMJETS
- Landing gears: Electron with homemade gears
- TX: Futaba T18MZ
- RX: 2 x Futaba 7008SB
- Servos: KST
- 2 x Aileron
- 2 x Elevator
- 1 x Rudder
- 4 x Landing flaps
- 1 x Front gear
- 8 x Gear doors
- Electronic control unit: Powerbox Royal
- Time to build 3 years / 1700 hours