In this video you see me building a DIY electric powered fat bike with car tires at home in my garage. The video contains the full build start to finish.
It is powered by 2 hoverboard motors coupled together and 2 48v lithium batteries.It drives fairly well, however it is very heavy so you have to get used to it to take turns.
Brakes are a little underpowered, better solution would be hydraulic disc brakes from a motorcycle.
Starting from a simple bike frame the cool added 225-35-20 tires mounted on big rims. The finished vehicle is surprising it’s a real eye-catcher.
- Wheels: 8 x 20″ with 225-35-20 tires
- Motor: 2x 350w 36v from hoverboard
- Batteries: 2x 48v 72000mAh Lithium pack
- Controller: 2x 48v 350W GT-100
- Weight: approximately 75 kg
- Topspeed: 40 km/h