Triumph-Werke Nürnberg AG or TWN, was a German bicycle and motorcycle company. In 1886, Siegfried Bettmann founded the Triumph bicycle factory in Coventry, England, and in 1896 he founded a second bicycle factory in his native Nuremberg, Germany, under the same Triumph name. Both factories branched out into making motorcycles.
In the 1930s Otto Reitz, an engineer they had hired away from rival NSU, designed a single cylinder 200cc twostroke along the lines of the Puch “Twingle”, with the two pistons sharing a forked conrod. This was developed in 250cc and 350cc versions which were used in military machines during preparations for the coming war.
Nuremburg was badly damaged in the latter years of the war, the TWN factory suffering extensively. By 1948 production had resumed. In 1956 the company merged with Adler and German-built Triumph motorcycles ceased production. It is likely that rebadged Hercules mopeds were marketed as Triumph during this period.
This TWN-Triumph has been restored several years ago. A lovely detail are the both original old brass plates on the steering head and tool box. The numbers on the plates are matching to the bike. It runs fine and comes complete with Bosch Mag-Dyno + Headlight, Amal carburetor and a Hurth 3 speed gearbox./via/read more: classic-motorcycle.com