The engine is easy to start thanks to the piezo high voltage ignition system, two “ignition jets” and a large brass flywheel. Once running the engine produces the typical V-engine exhaust sound.
The two cylinder motion sequence is especially accentuated due to the open construction design.The counter-rotating parts – pistons, crosshead and push rods – result in an intriguing mechanical interplay.Ministeam
Through the use of Propane/Butane or Butane (lighter gas) as a fuel, only non toxic fumes are released and therefore this is an ideal “indoor engine”.
This model motor is made of aluminum, brass and stainless steel. The engine runs on a 80% Butane 20% Propane mixture that can easily be purchased at a camping outdoors shop. This mixture allows the engine to run in the house with a window open. The spark plug is actuated by a piezo igniter./Ministeam
- Model: Two Cylinder Gas Engine MM-5
- Rotation Speed Control: Via Valve on the Gas Tank
- Crank Shaft: 5-Fold Ball Bearing Mounted
- Cylinder Capacity: Twice 1.5 cm³
- Rotation Speed: 200 – 1.500 rpm
- Ignition: Piezo High Voltage Ignition
- Running Time: 10 min/tankful (idling mixture)
- Height × Width × Length: 240 mm × 50 mm × 180 mm
- Weight: 2,500 g (with tank and mounting plate)