In a survival situation, every little bit of food you can capture adds to your chances of staying alive.If you’re in an area with fish, one of these small pop bottle funnel traps can be a great way to catch small fish for either bait, or food if conditions are really bad.
image/source: Crazy Experimenter
If you have a plastic bottle and a cutter/knife/scissors, that’s great — you can make a fish trap in a minute — it is so satisfying to catch a fish!
With the help of such fish trap you can catch a small fish, such as minnow, loach, gudgeon. It has been noticed that because of the big natural curiosity gudgeons often swim into the traps without bait!
Video lesson of a trap may be used both for an ordinary fishing using bait fish and extreme situation is survival conditions, when you intend to eat caught fish.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Two plastic soda pop bottles. The three-liter size is best, but two-liter will do.
- One woodworking nail, about 6-penny size (the exact size is unimportant).
- Some twine, kite string or something similar.
- Adult permission and/or help.
- For tools, scrounge up a pair of sturdy scissors and locking pliers Vise-Grip or common slip-joint pliers. A utility knife can help with initial cuts but isn’t necessary.
- You’ll also need a controllable flame source ,the kitchen stove is perfect.