RV owners know, it doesn’t take much to send a trailer into a sway event. Sway Command® by Lippert Components prevents trailer sway while driving at high speeds.
When making emergency maneuvers, during unexpected driving situations and during inclement weather. Tow with stability. Tow with confidence.
We all know how scary a travel trailer sway event can be, especially when making emergency maneuvers at high speeds. A weight distribution hitch with sway control bars will help in minor sway events, but that’s not enough!
Our patent pending Sway Command Tow Control Technology promotes safety by applying the trailer brakes before a major sway event can get out of control.
- Advanced patent pending microprocessor technology electronically detects trailer sway and applies the trailer brakes to suppress unwanted sway
- Utilizes both an accelerometer (measures lateral force) and gyro sensor (measures angular velocity) to quickly and accurately differentiate between side-to-side and up-and-down movement to prevent false activation. This is especially useful off road. The competition uses only accelerometer technology
- Light pod mounts to the front of the trailer and signals to the driver when the system is functioning properly
- Rigorously tested in sway-inducing towing conditions, including emergency maneuvers
- Controller works independently from existing brake control so that in the case of a short or disconnect in the tow vehicle connection, Sway Command won’t be affected or vice versa